Our Guarantee to You
At The Bay House - we stand behind the quality of our products and want every purchase to be a positive experience. We will do our best to make things right if you are not satisfied.
Return Policy Overview
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items in new and unused condition within 90 days of receipt with a valid proof of purchase. Excluding Special Orders. Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded.
We will accept returns and exchanges of furniture and rugs in new and resalable condition within 30 days of delivery or pickup, with a valid proof of purchase. Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded.
Custom and personalized items including custom upholstered furniture, live botanicals and store floor samples may not be returned.
Proof of Purchase
Proof of purchase is required to issue an exchange, credit or refund for eligible items. We will accept the following as proof of your purchase:
- Original Receipt (this includes printed store or gift receipt, eReceipt, or electronic order confirmation)
- Packing Slip
- Order Number
- Gift Registry Number
We can also verify proof of purchase by looking up your original receipt using your major credit card used at the time of purchase, or the email address used to receive an eReceipt.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.
Non - Returnable Items
Items listed below cannot be returned or exchanged. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Other restrictions may apply.
- Items without proof of purchase
- Items purchased as final sale
- Items used and/or damaged through normal wear and tear
- Live botanicals
- Special Order/Made to Order Furniture and Rugs
- Personalized and Monogrammed Products
- Store floor samples
- All cut-yardage orders or custom furniture
Credits and Refunds
We will issue a credit or refund in one of the following ways:
- With proof of purchase, the item purchase price will be refunded in the original form of payment(cash refunds are limited to $100 in store with any balance refunded as a check by mail). Where some or all of a purchase was made using a Gift Card or Merchandise Credit, a new Gift Card or Merchandise Credit will be issued, respectively.
- With a Gift Receipt or Gift Packing Slip, the item purchase price will be refunded by a Merchandise Credit.
- When the Gift Registry Number is presented without proof of purchase, the item’s current selling price will be refunded by a Merchandise Credit.
- Any shipping and handling charges will not be refunded.
Return Items to a Store
To return or exchange eligible non-furniture items at a store, please bring the item(s) and proof(s) of purchase within 90 days to the store brand where the purchase originated (i.e., The Bay House items can only be returned to a The Bay House Store.
To return furniture and rugs to a store, please contact the store of purchase to arrange for the return.
See the “Non-Returnable Items” policy above for details on items that are eligible for return or exchange and valid forms of proof of purchase.
Custom Furniture and Rugs, and Personalization
These special-order items are made to your individual specifications; therefore, we cannot accept returns or exchanges.
However, if a custom or personalized item (including fabrics and frames that differ from our stock items) arrives with a manufacturing defect or with damage caused during transit, we will repair or replace the defective item or damaged area. If that is not possible, we will arrange an exchange. We reserve the right to determine the best course of action.